Who we are
Based in Staffordshire, Cushy Paws creates and designs textile
artwork and custom portraits using recycled fabric.
Cushy Paws is the creative output of textiles artist and designer, Grace Ellena.
Inspired by her family pets, her unconventional technique creates a distivtive
style with a desire to capture the essence and emotion of the characters that
she creates, using a process that includes multiple phases and layers of
fabric differing in tones and shades, allowing the artwork to evolve.
Cushy Paws has a range of original artwork pieces and printed products.
The portraits are MADE TO ORDER, and are created using a variety of printed and woven recycled fabric swatches, they are cut out individually to build the dimensions of each portrait. Each portrait that is created is a unique patchwork appliqué that has been handcrafted to create a finished article, this is then presented on a canvas or a cushion.
If you are interested in a commissioned portrait created of your pets, please visit their social media pages and website to check out her latest work. For a glimpse of the intricate detail that is applied to her unique work why not visit one of Cushy Paws events. (Upcoming events are displayed below).
- Sat 3rd Aug Vintage Escapades Artisan Market
- Sun 1st Sep Leek Sunday Supplement
- Sun 8th Sep World of Wedgwood Artisan Market
- Sat 5th Oct Vintage Escapades Artisan Market
- Sun 6th Oct Leek Sunday Supplement
- Sun 13th Oct World of Wedgwood Artisan Market
- Sun 3rd Nov Leek Sunday Supplement
- Sat 9th Nov Vintage Escapades Artisan Market