Our website allows both customers and stallholders to search for local specialist markets. Makers Markets are very popular and are increasing around the country, and we want to share these fantastic events with you. You can search by postcode or town for an event.
Customers and event organisers can get in contact with stallholders too. This allows for follow up sales and contact about events.
You might like to contact markets to find out further details about them or one of their stallholders, or contact a stallholder directly. You can then order directly with a stallholder, discuss customisations and suchlike.
When you contact our stallholders, they will return your correspondence as soon as possible. However, if you do not receive a response or have further questions, please link to our contact page directly – Contact us here at Pedddle.
How does Pedddle work for you? Why join?
Pedddle is a community of markets and stallholders. Click here to see what we can offer you.
As a stallholder, you can look for markets on our calendar at the back of the site (hidden from customers). Organisers look for stallholders to fill their events and customers are looking for events you’ll be selling at, and to buy products from you. You’ll also get:
- Support from the creative community – meet other stallholders and network.
- You’ll get your very own Pedddle page to help your online visibility.
- Pedddle allows you to ‘check-in’ at markets. You’ll appear on every market page that you are working at and there will be a list of markets you’ll feature at on your stallholder page.
- Customers can find you both before and after an event, in the ‘in case you missed them’ section on the event listing.
- You can link Pedddle to your website. We have great SEO, which increases the online visibility of your business.
- We offer support on getting started, selling at markets, social media tips and good deals on things like product photography, card readers or banners etc.
- We arrange in-person meet ups (pandemic dependent!) to discuss topical subjects to help develop your business.
- We offer guidance online and via our private Members-only Instagram page.
- We offer member discounts on our sister website, Tresstle, which focusses on running Online Markets, helping you sell more online. Terms and conditions apply. This is subject to availability after 1st February 2021, please ask for details.
Do I need my own website?
Nope! Your Pedddle page can link to and feature items from online shops such as Folksy or Etsy, and you can link to all of your social media channels.
However, if you do want your own domain name then our team can purchase it (if it is available) and link it to your page for you, and we can look after everything from there.
This is perfect for people that hate technology! Never worry about server fees or the technical stuff. Price on application (depends on domain availability) – but it’s cheaper than you think!
Is there an application process?
Yes, Pedddle is a curated platform and we do have certain measures by which we accept stallholders. Our main acceptance criteria is as follows:
- Excellent product quality. We must feel that your products are suitable for our audience. Pedddle has to be right for you too and we know which type of products sell best with our audience.
- High quality product images are essential.
- Clear brand identity.
- Images that reflect your brand and products well on Instagram.
- Consistency of content shared on social media.
- A good appreciation for market/event stall set up.
- The age of your business will not be taken into account, even if you are really new to the market scene or have never sold at events before – we are happy to support you and help you to get started.
- A good dose of positivity! We love welcoming new members to our community, but ask you to take on board any feedback we may give and improve elements of your practice should you need to – we are here to help you succeed. We want you to get the most from your membership and offer advice and guidance wherever possible.
Other elements will be taken into account but the above ones are essential for all members.
If your business still in its initial start up phase and you feel you would like some support, we are in the process of creating a downloadable help sheet on things to think about and action when starting out. In the meantime, feel free to contact us should you have any further queries on whether our membership is right for you.
How often should I change my product photos?
Once you have a Pedddle page set up, you can change the photo gallery as often as you’d like. We recommend keeping your page fresh, with current products and clear product photography.
The ‘featured image’ on your page is controlled by the Pedddle team, to ensure we keep a consistently high standard of images at the front end of the website.
Can I add markets/events that are not on the calendar?
We have a large database of markets already, but you can add a market if it is not already featured on this database. However, it remains hidden in searches until that market organiser joins Pedddle, and will not be actively promoted by us – it will only feature on your stallholder page listing.
You can ‘check-in’ at a market by clicking on the market event, then check the box and press save. If your event isn’t listed there, just click on the date and it will ask you if you want to add a market. Add the name, date and any other info you know about the event (such as accessibility and parking details) and click submit. The Pedddle team will then proofread and review these details and add in the rest of the event information where required.
Am I tied into a contract?
No. We want you to feel free in making decisions about your business. If Pedddle membership isn’t working for you, just let us know and we will stop taking payment and remove your Pedddle page.
If you have a question that we haven’t answered above, please email us at [email protected]
I am thinking of adding my market to Pedddle, how easy is it?
We think it is pretty easy but we are on hand to help if you have difficulties. Once you’ve inputted the information, you only need to change the date for each market/event, unless you want to add new photos or amend your Bio. You can input as many dates as you want on the one page, for regular/recurring events.
How much does it cost?
Pedddle is FREE if you just want the market to be visible for your traders only and not on the front end for customers to find.
Pedddle Original: £20 a year to advertise an event in the same location / with the same market name (this could be a recurring event throughout the year).
Media bundle: £50 a year for an event in the same location / with the same market name (this could be a recurring event throughout the year). This includes a listing on the page, a contact form, you will appear on the timeline, become a featured market for a week prior to the event (first come first served basis) and have support in finding traders, plus inclusion in our regular email newsletter to customers.
*We define one event/market as a regular event (as many dates in the year at one location/one named market) or a one off event at one location.