Our website allows both customers and stallholders search for local specialist markets. Makers Markets are very popular and increasing around the country and we want to share these fab events with you. You can search by postcode or town for an event.
Customers and event organisers can get in contact with stallholders too. This allows for follow up sales and contact about events.
You might like to contact markets to find out details about a stallholder or contact a stallholder directly. This will allow you to order directly with the stallholder. When you contact our stallholders they will hopefully get in contact with you quickly but if they do not OR you have any further questions please link to our contact page directly – Contact us here at Pedddle
How does is work for you? Why join?
It is a community of markets and stallholders. As a stallholder you can look for markets on our calendar at the back of the site, organisers look for stallholders and customers are looking for your events and for you!
- It allows you to ‘check-in’ at markets. You appear on every market page that you are working at and it generates a list on your page.
- Customers can find you before the event and after in the ‘In case you missed them’ section.
- It is another platform to link to your website which increases visibility online of your business.
- We offer support on getting started and also from time to time good deals on things like product photography or banners etc.
- We arrange meet ups in the North at the moment to discuss topical subjects to help develop your business.
Do I need my own website?
Nope! However, if you do want your own domain name our team can purchase it (if it is available) and link it to your page for you. Then we look after everything from there.
This is perfect for people that hate technology! Never worry about server fees or the technical stuff. Price on application (depends on domain availability), but it’s cheaper than you think.
Is it an application process?
Yes, Pedddle is a curated platform and we do have certain measures by which we accept stallholders. Here is a selection of measures.
- Quality of products and whether we feel that your products are suitable for our audience. Pedddle has to be right for you too.
- High quality images are essential.
- A good appreciation for stall set up.
- Clear brand identity with images that reflect that on Instagram.
- Consistency of the content shared on social media.
- The age of your business will not be taken into account, even if you are really new to the market scene or have never done them we are happy to support you.
Other elements will be taken into account but these are quite important to us and our community. Pedddle looks for positivity from their stallholders with a desire to try to improve elements of practice should they need to.
If your business still in start up phase and feel you want some support, we are in the process of creating a downloadable help sheet on things to think about and action when starting out.
How often should I change photos?
You can change photo’s as often as you like. The featured image is controlled by Pedddle to ensure we keep high standards of images at the front end of the website.
Can I add markets/events that are not on the calendar?
We have quite a big database of markets but you can add a market if it is not on our database but it remains hidden until they join.
You can ‘check-in’ at a market by clicking on the market then check the box and press save. If your event isn’t there, just click on the date and it will ask you if you want to add a market. Add the name and the date and any info you know about the event and submit. We will review and add in the rest of the information.
Am I tied into a contract?
No. We want you to feel free in making your decisions about your business and if it isn’t working for you just let us know and we will stop taking payment and remove your page.
If you have a question that we haven’t answered email us via [email protected]
I am thinking of adding my market, how easy is it?
We think it is pretty easy but we are here to help if you have difficulties. Once the info is in you only need to change the date unless you want to add new photos or amend the bio. You can input as many dates as you want on the one page.
How much does it cost?
FREE if you just want the market to be visible for your traders only and not on the front end.
Pedddle Original: £20 a year for an event in the same location/same market name (this could be a repeating event throughout the year).
Media bundle: £50 a year for one in the same location/same market name (this could be a repeating event throughout the year). This is a listing on the page, contact form, appear on the timeline, become a featured market for a week prior to the event (first come first served basis) and support in finding traders, inclusion in our email newsletter to customers.
*We define one event/market as a regular event (as many dates in the year at one location/one named market) or a one off event at one location.