- Clapshaw, Consett, UK
- Spring and Winter Markets
- Next Markets
- No future dates
- Beyond The Byre
- Blanchand Village Hall has step free access and is wheelchair accessible, there is limited parking at the front. The Lord Crewe Gatehouse has a stone staircase leading up to the venue. The Gatehouse unfortunately can not accept dogs, apart from assistance dogs. Blanchland Abbey Church has two steps and a ramp leading down into the building. Blanchland Village Hall, The Long Room and Blanchland Abbey are dog friendly. There are toilets in Blanchland Village Hall and bar, there are public toilets on the right of The Lord Crewe.
- The Village has a large public car park, £1 per vehicle per day (via an Honesty Box; these funds help support the Abbey). Location: Shildon Road, DH8 9SS. We politely request that visitors avoid street parking and please be mindful of our residents, who will require access throughout the day.
- Wheelchair Accessible Toilets All Indoor Both Indoor and Outdoor Seating Available Dog Friendly Free Entry
- Markets Near
- Markets in
- County Durham , North East , Northumberland
Blanchland Artisan Makers Market celebrates the very best of handmade independent makers.
This year's winter market is spread throughout Blanchland Village. We have over 30 artisan makers, bakers, artists and creatives who will showcasing their beautiful work in three fabulous venues, The Abbey will be aglow with its annual Christmas Tree Festival, the markets are stunning and we have fabulous festive fare which makes Blanchland the Christmas destination for 2023
The Lord Crewe Gatehouse will be hosting 4 makers with jewellery, fused glass, wreaths, art and mazing applique. Festive nibbles and treats available throughout the day. (Stair access only)
Blanchland Village Hall is bursting with stalls, each one different, selling unique handmade products, ideal in the run up to Christmas, come along and find the most amazing gifts and extra special presents for your family and friends.
In addition this year we have even more fabulous stalls in the Long Room, where there will also be tasty snacks and refreshments served throughout the day. We also have outdoor stalls and a pop a bar!
There will also be activities in the Abbey Side Chapel, including Face Painting for the little ones and make your own decoration for the Abbey Fund Raising Tree!
Free Entry to markets
Parking is available in the village car park honesty box £1 per day
The Gatehouse is a stair only access
Blanchland Village Hall and Blanchland Abbey are all accessible
Refreshments will be available at all your favourite venues including the White Monks Tea Rooms, The Lord Crewe Arms and Blanchland Village Hall