Who we are
I have been painting professionally since 2014, following a break, to work full time, study for a Business Degree and raise my family. Most of my inspiration comes from awe-inspiring spaces I have walked in and beautiful places that I am drawn to. I find something about the scene fascinating – the light or the colours or just that it’s aesthetically pleasing.
I am particularly interested in what the Japanese refer to as shinrin-yoku – literally, forest bath – immersing yourself in the forest, using all five senses to connect with the environment to clear your mind, reduce stress and allegedly boost the immune system. I hope to re-create some of this feeling of peace and calm and create a connection to bring those feelings to viewers of my work. Creating a sanctuary from the noise and the clutter of everyday life.
Recently I have been exploring and developing a series of pen and ink drawings what I like to call my ‘Doggy Doodles’.
I started selling my art as small craft fairs where it caught the eye of buyers and I now sell original pieces of work, limited edition prints, greetings cards, vegan suede cushions, bone china mugs and other homeware with my designs printed on throughout the year online via my website, at a large variety of artisan markets, exhibitions and events and am stocked in several galleries and gift shops throughout Derbyshire and Loughborough.
- Thu 12th Nov Haddon Hall Winter Artisan Market
- Fri 13th Nov Haddon Hall Winter Artisan Market
- Sat 14th Nov Haddon Hall Winter Artisan Market
- Sun 15th Nov Haddon Hall Winter Artisan Market
- Thu 19th Nov Haddon Hall Winter Artisan Market
- Fri 20th Nov Haddon Hall Winter Artisan Market
- Sat 21st Nov Haddon Hall Winter Artisan Market
- Sun 22nd Nov Haddon Hall Winter Artisan Market