Who we are
Crickhollow Crafts brings the subtle beauty of nature to contemporary jewellery. Each piece is individually handcrafted to accentuate the unique characteristics in the wood grain to tell the story of the tree. We use the most stunning woods from around the globe, with an emphasis on reducing woodwaste. The selected wood is shaped and sanded by hand to a lustrous sheen, and then finished with natural oils and waxes.
The range includes:
• cufflinks (metal backed & hand
• stud & drop earrings
• hook solid wood earrings
• statement necklaces
• wood rings
Sam Kenchington-Meltham, based in Clitheroe, Lancashire, is the designer/maker behind Crickhollow Crafts. He first learnt the joy of woodworking in his grandfather’s workshop, and now turns his hand to the crafting of jewellery in wood. Led by nature in the design of his products, Sam works sympathetically with the textures and grains of wood in his creations.
The range of exotic and native hardwoods used in Crickhollow products generates an unusual and
distinctive look. Ecological responsibility is a prime
concern of Crickhollow Crafts, taking effort to reduce the use of virgin wood and instead utilising pieces too small or difficult to use in the making of other products. In addition, all purchases from the Rosewood Range include a donation to the Rainforest Alliance, and from the Ancient Oaks range to the Woodland Trust.
Contact Crickhollow Crafts
- Sun 1st Jul Crafty Vintage at Holmes Mill
- Sat 7th Jul York River Art Market
- Fri 27th Jul Haddon Hall Summer Artisan Market
- Sun 29th Jul Haddon Hall Summer Artisan Market
- Sat 1st Sep York River Art Market
- Thu 15th Nov Haddon Hall Winter Artisan Market
- Fri 16th Nov Haddon Hall Winter Artisan Market
- Sat 17th Nov Haddon Hall Winter Artisan Market
- Sun 18th Nov Haddon Hall Winter Artisan Market