From 1 November - 13 December I Do Handmade will be hosting a Christmas pop-up market inside Westfield London shopping centre, daily from 10am until 9pm. We are encouraging the nation to shop small!
In a nutshell:
Where? Westfield London Shopping Centre, Shepherds Bush, Ariel Way,
When? Tuesday 1 November 2022 - Monday 13 December 2022
What time? Open 10am - 9pm, Mon-Sat, 12pm - 6pm Sundays
How much? Stalls range between £55-£150 for the day, keep 100% of the takings
- There will be 13 stalls available each day for small businesses to sell their products at.
- Book a stall for a half day, a whole day, a few days or more. The aim is to offer flexible selling opportunities for small independents to encourage the nation to shop small.
- Stall holders would need to be present and manage their stall, taking payments for their own items sold, similar to a Christmas market setting.
- The market will generally be operating from 10am-9pm, Mon - Sat, and 12-6pm on Sundays. Some days the pop-up will close a little later (Black Friday weekend and closer to Christmas)
- Stall holders keep 100% of the takings.
- No table needed, bring yourself, your stock, and get selling!
- Stall prices range from £55-£155 a day, price depends on which day and how many days you book.
- Bookings can be made for a half day, 1 day or max 18 days.
- If you book a stall for 3 full days or more, get 15% off using TAKE15 coupon code at checkout. (Please note in order for discount to apply, all of your requested dates must be added to your basket and purchased in one order, discount cannot be applied if you make multiple bookings. Discount not valid on half day bookings)
Where is the pop-up?
- The location of the pop-up is inside Westfield London shopping centre.
- It's located on the 1st floor, not inside a shop, but in the walkway between the shops giving us an excellent footfall and visibility from passing customers. It's close to the food court, in between Adidas, Typo and L'Occitane, with John Lewis and Primark further down, so an incredible location for passers-by.
What will the pop-up look like?
- There will be 13 stalls, with 2 large lit signage boards and a sprinkling of festive decor!
- Stallholders can stand behind or in front of their stall attracting passers by.
- If you visited our Westfield pop-up in the summer (photos below) which had 8 stalls, it will be fairly similar using the same furniture, but a little bigger, with the stalls arranged in a C shape.
What will the stalls look like?
- Every stall holder will be provided with a 1m x 1m skandi style unit. This is a smaller sized pitch than most markets, so be aware of these measurements when preparing your display.
- Take a look at our instagram which has lots of photos and videos of the stalls to help give you a better idea
- Every stall holder manages their own unit and is responsible for taking all payments at your unit
- There is space for max 2 people behind each stall
- Each unit will have an A4 frame on the front for each stallholders logo to go (Stall holders need to upload a logo on the application form and this will be printed for you)
- Each unit has 2 lockable cupboards underneath. Stock can be left locked inside your unit overnight if you plan to book a stall for more than 1 day (please note any contents left inside are left at the stall holder's own risk).
- Any props brought will need to be placed on top of the unit (i.e. nothing can go on the floor) and measure less than than 100cm x 100cm x 40cm (WxDxH).
- Unfortunately we're unable to have any clothes rails, furniture or pull up banners on the floor. Any stock/decor/advertising must sit on the surface of your stall.
Two of the 13 stalls will have an interactive element every day. E.g offering personalisation of products on site, mini beauty treatments, craft workshops, hair braiding etc. If you think you would be able to offer an experiential activity at your stall, we'd love to hear from you! Get in touch and we can discuss the logistics of how this will work.
Can anyone apply to become a stall holder? There are a few requirements...
- Your small business is based in the UK
- You sell handmade products. They are either made by hand or had some element of personalisation. Please note, they don't necessarily have to have been made by you. If your products do not match this description, unfortunately we will be unable to confirm your application. Not sure you fit the bill? Drop us a message and we can let you know.
- You'll need to have £10m public liability insurance valid on the day(s) to sell in Westfield London (If you don't have public liability insurance, Events Insurance offer one off policies from £30)
- You are responsible for taking your own payments for your sold items. You will need to provide the payment method(s) and be able to offer a receipt to the customer. We personally have loved using SumUp for previous markets we've sold at (affiliate link).
- Stall bookings are non-exchangeable, non refundable. If you book several dates, have an unsuccessful day on day one, and decide to cancel the remaining dates, we are unfortunately unable to offer a refund.
- Full terms and conditions apply
Can stall exchanges or refunds be given?
Please note, when booking your stall, once booked, it is non-exchangeable, non refundable. So much work goes on behind the scenes which makes refunds and exchanges complex to manage, therefore once your booking is confirmed, please prioritise these dates and add them to your diary as refunding will sadly not be offered.
Furthermore, if you book several dates and have an unsuccessful day of sales on day one, we are unfortunately unable to offer a refund for your remaining dates. Please book the number of days you and your brand are comfortable with.
Are there any restrictions on certain products at the pop-up?
- Food can be sold at the pop-up however all food must arrive pre-packaged due to there not being any food prep licence on site.
- No cooking or preparation of any kind can be done at the pop-up.
- You must have the relevant food safety & hygiene certification for selling food.
- Clear signage of allergens must be visible on your stall.
- Food is allowed to be out on display to show customers what it is, but any open food cannot be sold.
- There is no refrigeration facilities so unfortunately no cold foods can be sold.
- Samples are allowed to be offered to the public, with clear signage on allergens.
- Alcohol can be sold at the pop-up, however it must arrive bottled and no prep can be done on site.
- You would need to organise a TENS yourself for the days you are there.
- There is no refrigeration, sinks or ice facilities.
- You would need to manage the +18 check for all customers tasting and purchasing from you.
- Samples are allowed to be offered to the public.
How to apply to become a stall holder at the Christmas pop-up...
Visit the web link below, and follow steps 1-3. These steps will ask you to add all of your chosen dates to your basket, and complete an application form. Once you have submitted your application form AND paid for your requested dates, your application has been submitted. We will review and will confirm via email within 7 days. If you haven’t heard anything, please get in touch via email.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to get in touch [email protected]
If you would like to join the mailing list to find out when future markets open for bookings, please add your details here: https://view.flodesk.com/pages/62498bea0d4a1c1ac93e393c
Use the contact form below to contact I Do Handmade directly.
- Ariel Way, London, UK
- 1 Nov - 13 Dec 2022, 10am-9pm
- 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Next Markets
- , 29th Nov 2022 , 30th Nov 2022
- I Do Handmade
- The shopping centre has step free access, disabled parking and baby changing areas. Stalls are also accessible for wheelchair users.
- Parking is available at Westfield London shopping centre, please check their website for rates.